Indian cuisine is a diverse and flavorful type of food that has developed over the centuries in India, which is a large and culturally diverse country in South Asia. It is influenced by a variety of factors, including the country’s geography, history, and cultural traditions.
Indian cuisine is known for its use of a wide range of spices and herbs, which are used to add flavour and depth to dishes. Some common spices and herbs used in Indian cooking include cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, and cardamom. Indian cuisine also often includes vegetables, grains, and legumes as main ingredients, as well as dairy products and meat, such as chicken, lamb, and fish.
One of the most well-known dishes from Indian cuisine is curry, which is a dish made with a sauce made from a blend of spices and herbs and often includes meat or vegetables. Other popular dishes from Indian cuisine include tandoori chicken, biryani, and naan bread.
Indian cuisine also includes a variety of drinks, such as chai tea and mango lassi, as well as desserts, such as gulab jamun and ras malai.
Overall, Indian cuisine is known for its rich and complex flavours, and it is enjoyed by people all over the world. Here are two recipes for Chicken Tikka Masala:
– In a large bowl, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garam masala, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
– Preheat a grill or broiler to high heat. Grill or broil the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
– In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
– Add the tomatoes and bring them to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
– Add the grilled chicken and the heavy cream to the saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
– Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or naan bread.